Monday, January 21, 2008

To Blog or Not to Blog

1-21-08


Saturday, AB and I rendezvoused with Cindy in Oxford to deliver Gracie for a nodoubt funfilled week in Jackson. We lunched at Boure and then toddled over to Oxford Kids Company before snapping Gracie into Cindy's car and heading back to our respective homes. It's been a good break for AB. This third pregnancy has been her toughest to date. Google sciatic nerve to learn more.

Lately I have been pondering blogging. The blog used well, has alot of power. I have been reading this one guy's blog for the last few weeks. I discovered it on the WallStreetJournal website. It's www.insurancecoverageblog.com -- unexciting I know, but the guy has gotten all kinds of press and is becoming known for being an expert or at least the goto guy on all things related to Dickie Scruggs. It wouldn't suprise me if he eventually got a bookdeal. And it really is simple what he does. He goes to Google, writes "Scruggs" and hits enter. Then he highlights the latest news developments on his blog. Any idiot could do it. Which gets me to wondering--what could this idiot (me) blog about and get some recognition? I would want it to be something I am passionate about, or at the very least enjoy, so it would not be monotonous work to do the blog entries. One key to a successful blog is constant updates. If you don't enjoy it, you'll quit updating and your readership will fall away. I don't know if just blogging about the Adams family would appeal to the masses, and if it would, I don't think I would want it to. I could blog about Ole Miss sports, but forty other morons are already doing that and I don't live close enough to Oxford to really provide inside information. I need a niche. I'm open to any ideas any of you out there may have as to an idea for a blog.

No comments: