Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Adams Blog Gets Even Better

For loyal followers of The Adams, the blog's about to get even better. Santa (Cindy) gave us a kick-a Olympus digital camera for Christmas. What this means for the blog is more crystal clear, sharp, bright images like the one you see below. It also means you'll be seeing more albums. You may have noticed I put alot of one-shot snaps on the blog. Most of these are taken with my iPhone. Granted the images aren't as great as this one of Addie, but what the iPhone lacks in image-capture it makes up for with it's convenience. When I see a good shot, I don't have to go find the camera, wait until I'm at the computer, download it, then upload it to the blog. I can just point, click, and email it straight to the web. So I'm going to try to continue with daily or semi-daily shots with the iPhone, but expect to see regular albums, too. I have heard some feedback from a few loyal fans that they miss the albums and the captions. Hopefully,  you'll be seeing more albums soon. In fact, I have a large stash of Christmas photos to upload as soon as I get to the office. I don't have enough bandwidth to upload all of them here at the house. I'm excited about the camera. Good job, Santa (Cindy).
Today: Anita Beth was a girl on a mission after church today. She has the house clean and in order, save a few decorations upstairs and some boxes ready to be taken to the attic. The main living area downstairs is spic and span. Hardly a remnant of Christmas remains. I wouldn't even know Christmas had happened if it wasn't for Spike the bulldog napping at my feet. It's fun to have a dog in the house again, but he is going to be some work. The little guy is a bottomless pit. Unfortunately, the pit does have a bottom, thus little Spike has to pee about every five minutes and poop every 10. Never thought I'd say this, but I'd rather change a diaper! But, I did it to myself, so I can't complain too much. 

Speaking of dogs in the house, I took AB to see Marley and Me last night. Two thumbs up. Not only was it funny, but parts of the movie were a mirror image of our home life. Small kids are hard. It was good to see a movie acknowledge that, at least as we live in the midst of it.

Worth Sharing: I saw at least 10 deer from the couch in my living room even as I wrote this.

Snow White World Record: Addie may be on the brink of setting some type of costume record. I can't remember that last day that she didn't wear either her Snow White dress or her Mermaid Princess gown. 

UPDATE: It's 10:15 p.m. and I'm tired as a dog. Seems the clean-up job this afternoon wasn't enough to satisfy AB. So, after dinner we took down all the upstairs decorations and I trucked all the boxes up to the attic. Good night.

UPDATE 2: Nearly 30 seconds after the above Update AB informed me that she reads the blog, pulled her covers over her shoulder, huffed up, and turned her back to me. So, to the extent Update 1 seemed like I was dissing on the best Wife and Mom in the world, Update 1 is withdrawn. Sorry AB. I enjoyed spending time with you yesterday, even if it meant I had to help clean up.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Merry Christmas!! I missed seeing all of you this year..See you soon!! Can't wait to meet the new puppy..

k