Thursday, November 15, 2012

Boston Bound

Tomorrow (Friday) morning at approximately 8 a.m. we set out for what promises to be the greatest Adams family adventure in the 13 years since Anita Beth and I started this venture together. Anita Beth and I, along with our four kids, will pile into the suburban loaded down with suitcases, snacks, pillows, iPods and DVD's, back out of the driveway and head in a general northeasterly direction for Boston. We're taking road trip to the extreme! For three days we'll plot our way across Alabama, Tennessee, through the Shenendoah Valley into Pennsylvania and across New York as we make our way to Beantown, where we hope Audrey will see her hand surgeon for the very last time. Along the way there's sure to be tears, countless questions of "How much further?" spills, uncontrollable squeals of both horror and delight and the occasional stinky pants and sister fights. Somewhere in that eclectic confluence of activity I'm hoping we'll have an awesome time, too. We don't get to spend much time together as a family that isn't centered around getting ready for school, dinner time, bath time, brushing teeth and bed time. We need more of this...I think. To be honest I'm both thrilled and afraid, but mostly thrilled. It's been a while since I've chronicled anything on the blog, but this trip seems worthy of recording. Stay tuned. This one has National Lampoon written all over it.

No comments: