It's 6:15 am and I'm up earlier than the rest of my slumbering crew showered and excited about the day to come. We're headed to NYC, and more adventure awaits! This has been the most exciting week. Driving across the country as a family was thrilling! I told Anita Beth as we traversed the Hudson River Valley that this was the most adventurous thing I've ever done. Having spent a semester in England she thought that was sad, but it really is, and I can't wait to do it again. Before this trip (laugh if you must) I never considered driving further than a 6-hour trip to the beach. I operated as though anything further would be too difficult, that we would have to fly and well, that just wasn't affordable with four kids.
I'm happy to admit I was wrong!
There's something about driving across the country as a family that brings you closer together. I love this time we're having cramped up in hotel rooms, watching movies together and touring the city. It's the most fun I think we've ever had as a family, and I hope it's just the first of many more such trips. Where to next? The mountains? Chicago? California? Thanks to Audrey's sweet little hands, this trip and my much more daring wife all seem like possibilities.
No comments:
Post a Comment