Monday, January 19, 2009

Exciting News (No, Anita Beth is NOT pregnant). Other Exciting News

Very exciting indeed. Readership is up. Google Analytics tells the tale. My mom isn't the only person who reads The Adams blog anymore. At least three other people read it now (You know who you are). In light of this exponential growth, we've made a few changes. 

First, I discovered how to use the text feature in Picasa and made the snazzy new header. Not sure how I missed it the other 672 times I used Picasa, but better late than never, right?

Second, the blog has a new name, Jake University. The new title is more than just a lame attempt at humor. It's symbolic of the broader appeal of the site. This is more than just another family picture album. Rather it's a looking glass into the life of Jake (me) and the people who make me who I am. Okay, it's really more about them, but since I'm never in any of the pictures I thought I could at least be in the header. The appeal is certain to be widespread and vast. We're going global.

Finally, and perhaps the biggest news of all, Jake University has acquired the highly coveted and much sought after domain name, jakeanitabeth.com. That's right, you don't have to remember to put the blogspot between the jakeanitabeth and the .com anymore. Amazingly, jakeanitabeth.com only cost $10 a year. Wow. 

Don't worry, Mom. Your bookmark to jakeanitabeth.blogspot.com will still work, so rest easy. And yes, Mom, there will still be lots of great pictures of the kids, with captions.

A new name. A new look. A new web address. This is obviously alot to take in, so sit back and chew on it a while. We hope you come back often.

And if you hate the changes, let me know that, too. 

UPDATE: Anita Beth is definitely NOT pregnant. She's still on crutches from the fractured hip for crying out loud! Oh the tears that would be shed if she were.  

The title was just "Exciting News," but as with all family picture blogs, that's code for, "We're pregnant." And that's what we're trying to get away from here at Jake University. So thanks for the heads up Lyn. I've made the correction.






4 comments:

Lyn said...

With a title like that, I thought there was another little Adams on the way :)

Jake said...

Lyn-

Good point. Misleading title.

libby said...

do brian and i count as one reader or two?

Jake said...

I think analytics counts computers, not readers. Thanks for asking. I guess that means we have four readers. Like I said, exponential growth.