Thursday, January 29, 2009

Poll Update: Spike v. the Paralegal

 Wow. With just 18 hours remaining, Take Spike to the Office is winning by a wide margin of 16-2. But before Spike gets too cocky, Eva (the paralegal) may have her say yet. I think the results are starting to scare her into making some pretty underhanded maneuvers - moves that at one time I would have guessed to be far beneath her. 

First, she admitted that both votes for Leave Spike at Home were from her, a clear violation of the polling code of ethics. Second, she suckerpunched him with the, "I think I'm allergic to something in the office," yesterday. Using allergies to defeat the integrity of the poll and the voice of the people is pretty low if you ask me. 

Eva has not hidden her resentment from Spike. The tensions between the two have been rising. Now, everytime Spike chews on her purse or bites her leg she yells at him as though it's some kind of big deal or something. Just a few weeks ago she would tell him how cute he was. The other night, when we had to take Addie to the Doctor in Memphis, I had to leave unexpectedly from the office, and I had Spike with me. I half-jokingly told Eva she could take Spike home with her for the night. She couldn't even be a sport long enough to go along with the joke and laugh as though she would. 

She just said, "Uh-Uh." And I'm her boss.

Who will win this epic battle? Spike, the cute cuddly bulldog puppy? Or Eva, the tired, chewed on paralegal? Let your voice be heard. Vote now. You've got 18 hours. 


1 comment:

Eva said...

Are you not going to tell these poor misinformed people that I said it probably wasn't Spike? And no, being under-handed is not beneath....I do work for an attorney :-)

And I don't expect to win!